Support from the EEP/Academy Staff

Pictured Above: The EEP/Academy staff with Dubs II, UW’s live mascot, during the 2023 RC Graduation

RC Advising services for current students and families are now offered online or in person.  Current students or families may request an appointment below. Prospective students or families for the UW Academy should email for support.

With whom should current students and their families contact or book an appointment?


Includes: course selection, registration, and planning; major exploration; and academic progress review. Errold is also happy to meet with you to discuss taking courses at a community college; post-graduation/career planning and networking; and personal/family-related concerns. 

Note: If Errold is unavailable during a date/time you prefer to meet, you may also book an advising appointment with Elliott.


Includes: time management, motivation, writing/application support, reading strategies, study skills, goal setting, and navigating campus resources. Elliott can also support students in navigating disability accommodations and college success for neurodivergent students; connecting with communities on campus, especially at the Q Center; and choosing a writing course.


Includes: finding funding for experiential learning opportunities, finding community on campus, and student events, leadership, outreach, and programming within the Robinson Center. Kayesee is also excited to talk about opportunities within the CELE center and managing imposter syndrome as a First Gen College Student. 

Note: To make an appointment with Kayesee, please email her directly with three proposed times that work for you. Thank you!


Includes: discussing student’s adjustment to college or connecting with campus resources, sharing concerns about student’s mental or emotional health, sharing family updates that are relevant to our work with a student, requesting general information about RC or UW systems or timelines, problem solving student issue or concern, questions about FERPA, family meetings with student to address concerns or questions, navigating housing/commute questions or concerns, learning more about campus safety.

TUTORING: Math/Physics and Chemistry/Biology

Along with the academic support programs offered to all UW Students, Robinson Center Students (EEP/Acad) are also able to take advantage of math/physics and chemistry/biology tutoring inside the Robinson Center Building. 

Math and physics tutoring is available in the RC Classroom on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00pm-5:00pm. This tutoring is led by Reese Johnston, who is the Mathematics Instructor for the Early Entrance Program’s Transition School. Fun fact: Reese is an EEP Alum!

Students are also able to make an appointment with Reese. Appointments can center around math, physics, getting advice, or checking in.

Chemistry and biology tutoring is available in the RC Classroom on Mondays and Tuesdays from 4:00pm-6:00pm. This tutoring is led by Keiann Simon, who is a PhD Student in the Department of Pharmaceutics, under the School of Pharmacy at University of Washington.  Fun fact: Keiann's undergraduate degree is in Forensic Science!

Students are also able to make an appointment with Keiann. Appointments can center around Chemistry or/and Biology tutoring, help or advice about anything, e.g. ways to better study, navigate your classes etc.

Current students or family members who aren’t sure who to contact, please email Thank you!

Lead Academic Adviser
Learn about Errold
Book an appointment

Academic Coach
Learn about Elliott
Book an appointment 

Learn about Kayesee
Book an appointment

Student Support Resources

Resources by Year

First Year

In the first year, all students are required to meet with the Robinson Center academic counselor once prior to autumn quarter registration and then twice during the academic year: once each during the autumn and spring quarters. Students are notified by email of available advising times and are responsible for making an appointment with the academic counselor. The purpose of these first-year meetings includes: reviewing students’ academic progress and transition to the university; discussing course selection and major preparation; identifying appropriate resources and departmental contacts (i.e. faculty members and departmental advisers); discussing challenges or questions the student may have; reviewing the University of Washington’s admissions requirements or College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs); addressing students’ questions and concerns, and providing supportive interventions and referrals when necessary.

During the winter quarter of the first year, students will have the option to participate in a 2-credit research seminar designed to further their exploration of the University of Washington; this exploration includes learning more about potential majors, research opportunities, study abroad programs, and scholarships as well as an introduction to other campus services. This course is taught by the Robinson Center staff.

It is our hope that this first-year process fosters positive advising relationships between the student and academic counselor and establishes a secure base of support for all of our students.

Second Year

In the second year, students are invited to meet with the academic counseling staff in the autumn quarter and are required to meet with the academic counselor once during the winter quarter. Again, students are notified by email of the available advising times and are responsible for making an appointment with an academic counselor. The purpose of these second-year meetings includes: continued work on items covered during the first year meetings; assistance with major selection; ensuring the College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs) have been met; addressing students’ questions and concerns, and providing supportive interventions and referrals when necessary.

Third Year

Expectations of students with declared majors:

These students are welcome and encouraged to remain in contact with the RC staff for advising or assistance, but primary advising duties are transferred to the departmental adviser(s).

Expectations of students without declared majors:

  • Actively working to fulfill all remaining CADRs
  • Actively working to take prerequisites for intended major(s)
  • Meeting with Robinson Center Academic Counseling staff to discuss plans for declaring major
  • Declaring a major by end of the third academic year
  • Requesting academic appointments when needed
  • Checking in with RC staff if they are experiencing academic challenges or struggles

*Note: Third-year students do not have required academic advising appointments, however they are welcome to schedule such appointments. During certain times of the quarter (especially in the weeks preceding registration) the academic advising staff’s priority is to the required advising appointments for first and second-year students. During these busy times, third-year students may experience a delay in scheduling an appointment.

Fourth Year and Beyond

All current and former Robinson Center students are encouraged and invited to remain in contact with Robinson Center Academic Counseling staff, so we may share in your adventures, accomplishments, and endeavors. Alumni are invited to remain in contact by signing up for the RC Alumni listserv (contact the UW Academy and Early Entrance Program Coordinator for details).

General Resources

Student Responsibilities

For the quarterly and grade review meetings, the academic counseling staff will send two emails asking students to set up appointments. It is important for students and parents to understand that if a student fails to respond to these communications, the academic counselor will not continue to pursue them. Nor will the academic counseling staff contact parents directly in keeping with the student’s privacy rights under the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). We strongly encourage parents to communicate directly with students about their academic performance.

In order to maximize the benefit of the supportive community at the Robinson Center, each student must advocate for themselves and seek out assistance from the academic counseling staff early and as often as necessary. Students are always welcome and highly encouraged to meet with the academic counseling staff.

Registration Support

Pre-registration steps: Please review this website to learn about the steps to take prior to your registration day.

How to register: Please watch this tutorial to learn how to register for courses using the MyPlan system.

Grades and Academic Progress

Student grades are reviewed at the end of each quarter until a student has declared their major. All students who have a quarterly GPA below 3.3 (out of 4.0) will be sent an email requesting an individual meeting with a member of the academic counseling staff. During this meeting, the student’s academic progress, quarterly schedule, and particular challenges will be discussed. At the discretion of the academic counseling staff, a student may be encouraged to participate in an academic intervention such as the following: attend study skills workshops; meet with an academic counselor regularly during the next quarter; alter quarterly schedule; or establish a specific study plan.


College Academic Distribution Requirements or ‘CADRs’ reflect the minimum number of credits required in six subject areas that students must earn to be eligible for routine admission consideration by four-year public baccalaureate institutions. Students admitted to the Robinson Center do not complete high school, so are unable to complete CADRs prior to enrolling at UW.  Robinson Center students are still required to complete CADRs but are allowed to do so through college-level coursework after they are admitted.  Robinson Center students must complete all CADR requirements prior to declaring a major at UW.

CADR example

*Beginning in Autumn 2021, entering students will have one additional non-lab science CADR to complete.

Students can read more about the types of courses that fulfill CADRs at the college level here. Academy students will enter UW with the CADRs they completed during their 2 years of high school.  Transition School students will enter UW with the CADRs they completed during their TS year (English, Science, Math, Social Science).

All RC students should consult with the RC Adviser to plan CADR fulfilling courses on a timeline consistent with UW’s expectations for when students should declare a major.

Declaring a Major

Robinson Center students are not eligible for Direct Freshman Admission (DFA) to majors because they enter with admission deficiencies (CADRs). Robinson Center students declare majors along the same timeline as other UW students. UW students are expected to declare a major by the time they have earned 105 credits AND completed 5 quarters. Robinson Center students declare their majors anytime between the end of their first year and the beginning of their third year. Once Robinson Center students have completed their CADRs and major prerequisites/acceptance, they can become declared in their major.

To declare a major, Robinson Center students must contact the Robinson Center advisor to initiate the process.  An online form will be generated that will include the major department advisor(s) signature(s) and the RC adviser's signature confirming that the student’s CADRs are complete.

Robinson Center students are encouraged to stay in regular contact with the RC adviser and department advisers to plan a course timeline that allows for CADR completion and major declaration prior to reaching 105 credits or 5 quarters.

Students with Disabilities

The Robinson Center staff is committed to assisting students in accessing the services of the Disability Resources for Students Office (DRS). University students are expected to advocate for themselves in identifying their need for accommodations, and the Robinson Center staff will assist any student requesting help with this process. The DRS office provides services to enrolled students who have a documented permanent or temporary physical, psychological or sensory disability that qualifies them for academic accommodations under the law. To obtain services through DRS, students will need to do the following:

  • Submit documentation of the diagnosed disability from a qualified treatment provider. Please contact Disability Resources for Students to discuss your specific disability and to inquire about the documentation needed in order to determine your eligibility for academic accommodations.
  • Set up an intake appointment with the DRS Counselor or Director after your documentation is submitted to DRS. This meeting is designed to determine your specific needs, discuss the effects of your disability and determine the academic accommodations that would be reasonable and appropriate for you.

Contact information for DRS:
University of Washington
Disability Resources for Students
011 Mary Gates Hall, Box 352808
Seattle, WA 98195-5839
206-543-8924 (Voice)
206-543-8925 (TTY)
206-616-8379 (FAX)

Religious Accommodations

It is the policy of the University of Washington to reasonably accommodate students’ religious observances in accordance with RCW 28B.10.039 regarding religious accommodation for higher education students as amended by SB 5166, effective July 28, 2019.

Religious Accommodations Policy

Religious Accommodations Request